Tweed-New Haven Regional Airport
Residential Sound Insulation Program
In 2014, the Tweed-New Haven Airport Authority (Authority) hired Jones Payne to implement its Residential Sound Insulation Program (RSIP) at Tweed-New Haven Regional Airport (Airport). As program manager, architect and lead consultant for the RSIP, Jones Payne provides comprehensive services for nearly 187 dwellings identified in a Part 150 Noise Study.
- Recognized as one of the 1st programs implemented successfully under the new FAA guidelines expressed in the AIP Handbook. 5100.38d.
- Successfully implemented 10-house pilot program.
- 95% customer satisfaction rating.
- Provided tools to homeowners to help manage their FEMA grandfathered status.
- Partnered with the Energize CT program. Benefits of this partnership include:
- Offsetting costs for noise-related wall and attic insulation through energy rebates.
- Increasing the reach of the Energize CT program.
- Increasing community benefit of the RSIP with estimated energy savings for participating homeowners equaling $330/year.
Working closely with the Authority and the Airport, Jones Payne provides planning services to address current noise issues.
- A noise wall study.
- An acoustical test plan for determinations of eligibility.
- Development of a program policy & procedures manual.
- Flood plain impact analysis on noise impacted properties.
Read about the Program in the Independent
“The Airport is so incredibly generous…We felt like we won the lottery! Our house is quieter and warmer, and has less draft. Last year we saved about 25% on fuel.” – New Haven homeowner