Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
Noise Mitigation Program
Since 2008, Jones Payne has worked as the lead sub-consultant on a team, providing noise mitigation services to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport’s (Airport) Noise Mitigation Program (NMP). The NMP, run by the Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD), provides sound insulation treatments to nearly 2,000 dwellings negatively impacted by the Airport’s South Runway Expansion Project. Jones Payne is responsible for program, design and construction management, and information management and GIS consulting services.
- Managed design and construction of over 1,200 single-family and multi-family units.
- Manages all NMP information using the Jones Payne WeaverPRM database, allowing the Airport to track key project metrics in a cloud-based application. All data is joined with the Airport’s GIS mapping system to obtain cost, grant, easement, and other information in a single location.
- Worked in conjunction with local utility company Florida Power & Light to design HVAC treatments to receive rebates on mechanical systems and insulation, resulting in savings for the NMP as well as lower operating costs for homeowners.
Jones Payne provided comprehensive program planning and implementation services to support the successful launch of the Airport’s NMP.
- Formulated a noise mitigation implementation plan, which includes strategies for the multiple projects in the NMP to include residential sound insulation, sales assistance, and conveyance and release for residential homes as well as a fee simple acquisition of mobile homes.
- Developed program management, community outreach and information management plans.
- Developed a program policy and procedures manual.
- Implemented the NMP under the FAA’s PGL 12-09 and Updated AIP Handbook.
Jones Payne provided comprehensive information management services to support the Airport’s NMP with respect to project controls, community outreach and GIS.
- Created an interactive website, allowing homeowners the opportunity to instantly access status information.
- Developed, hosts and maintains a program database that is used to track progress, assignments, status, and outreach efforts for the multiple projects in the NMP to include residential sound insulation, sales assistance, and conveyance and release.
- Formulated Sharepoint Design Recommendations report for BCAD project controls.
- Developed automated controls for metadata transfer from Program database to BCAD sharepoint and GIS systems.
- Generated GIS mapping for stakeholder and community meetings and technical reports for the client and the FAA.