San Francisco International Airport
Information Management, GIS & Application Development
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) hired Jones Payne to provide a range of information management services for its Residential Sound Insulation Program (RSIP). The Jones Payne team designed and implemented an information management system for SFO, which supported the RSIP and its different noise mitigation programs. The system included features pertaining to project controls, community outreach, eligibility criteria, and GIS.
- Developed and implemented a web application where Santa Monica County residents can look up their address to determine noise impact and if they are eligible for any of SFO’s available noise mitigation initiatives.
- Created a back-end notification and workflow where online applications are submitted and integrated into the secure data system.
- Created a secure login interface to manage properties and homeowner applications.
- Enabled weekly reporting with application statistics to be exported to excel, PDF and other formats.
- Integrated the system with GIS mapping tools to manage and report on the location of the properties relative to noise sources.
- GIS was also used to analyze and pre-set the eligibility of properties for the available noise mitigation programs.