Imperial County Planning & Developmental Services Department
JP worked with Imperial County (County) in California delivering project development, management and oversight services to create a comprehensive GIS system for the County’s Planning & Developmental Services Department (Department). Working with partner TerraSystems Southwest Inc., JP provided on-call technical assistance services to integrate the Department’s planning databases and migrate paper and digital datasets to GIS layers.
- Performed perform mapping and data conversion services to migrate the Department’s 71 very detailed AutoCAD based zoning maps to an esri ArcGIS format geodatabase, compatible with the Department’s GIS environment.
- Spatially referenced and integrated the department’s AutoCAD files with the County parcel base maps.
- Digitized existing zoning boundaries and attributed zoning polygons with classification and other data.
- Corrected topological errors between adjacent maps.
- Created overlay zones for mining and aviation activities.