County of Monterey Office of Redevelopment and Housing
Multiple Housing Assistance Programs
Jones Payne worked with the County of Monterey (County) in California and its Office of Redevelopment and Housing, delivering a range of architecture and engineering services for various housing assistance programs. Jones Payne helped create standards for evaluations and reporting for the County’s Housing Rehabilitation Program, and provided existing conditions site evaluations, development of work write-ups/specifications and cost estimating and construction administration services, on an as-needed basis. Improvements were funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) through a series of programs and grants, including the HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME), Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG), and Farm Labor Housing Grants.
- Conducted existing conditions surveys including heating, plumbing, electric, plumbing, electric, roof, foundation, floor system, structural components, water infiltration/penetrations, sanitary and kitchen facilities, life safety, fire and health hazards, and ADA review. The reports created by Jones Payne were used by the Office of Redevelopment and Housing to identify and prioritize rehab and replacement housing.
- Conducted site evaluations including compliance with planning ordinances, zoning review, land use, administrative and discretionary permits, property setbacks, utility connections and evaluation, variance, and flood zones.
- Created standards and forms, including a revised Master Specification format, to better reflect industry standards.
- Tailored bid documents for modernization of existing buildings and new construction to the County’s housing needs.
- Created solutions that addressed the housing needs, included rehabilitation of existing structures and replacing existing structures with new –prefabricated homes.