City of Seattle Parks & Recreation
Fall Protection Plan
The City of Seattle Parks & Recreation Department (City) requested our expertise to implement a roof-area Fall Protection Plan (Plan) for its existing facilities. The Plan is designed to provide a secure working environment for employees conducting work at elevated and roof work areas while promoting the use of fall protection measures, techniques and equipment.
During Phase I, the team implemented the Plan on over 40 City facilities to include:
- Ballard Pool
- Meadowbrook Pool
- Queen Anne Pool
- Bitter Lake Community Center
- Ravenna Eckstein Community Center
- Queen Anne Community Center
- North Teen Life Center
- Loyal Heights Community Center
- Freeway Park
- Conducted a preliminary roof walk with City staff.
- Managed all stakeholder communication.
- Developed roof anchor layout and design.
- Maintained the “One-Drive,” which is an interactive site that is accessible to the City and the design team.
- Coordinated pull-out testing and manufacturer installation certifications.
- Conducted on-site inspections.