Helping Assure Responsible Land Management Practices in Pima County
Pima County owns 84,000 acres, and manages another 127,600 acres of property in Southeastern Arizona. Located in the County's Public Works Division, the Real Property Services group is charged with managing this property which includes parks, environmental and cultural reserves, grazing leases, easements and more.
To help with the task of maintaining a comprehensive database of county-owned land, Real Property Services turned to local GIS consulting firm TerraSystems Southwest Inc. for assistance. The Jones Payne Group is working with TerraSystems to assess the need and functional requirements for a new Land Management System (LMS) including a new database system that Real Property Services and its collaborating departments can utilize in tracking the myriad of transactions and property-related information needed to maintain a comprehensive property inventory.
The Jones Payne Group and TerraSystems have interviewed key staff members from Environmental Services, Natural Resources Parks and Recreation, Cultural Resources, Water Resources, County Administrative Services, Real Property Services, and other County departments to determine the requirements and opportunities for a new multi-user, interdepartmental LMS database system. The new LMS will integrate the various functions that each department performs in the acquisition, disposal and management of County-owned property. The team is presently compiling its findings and recommendations into the County Information Technologys needs assessment document format for submission.
For more information contact our Information Management Services Group in Tucson, AZ.
The Jones Payne Group is a multi-disciplinary firm of program managers, planners, urban designers, community specialists, architects, construction managers and information technology specialists with expertise in government planning, design and information technology projects. Our specialists assist local government agencies in the areas of:
Urban Planning and Design
Our Urban Planning and Design practice group creates visionary, strategic approaches for the planning, design and implementation of transportation, downtown revitalization, historic preservation, environmental mitigation, redevelopment and smart growth initiatives. Over the past 25 years, we have assisted clients in the process of analyzing existing conditions, identifying opportunities and constraints, envisioning development scenarios, evaluating impacts, and formulating workable implementation strategies.
Our urban planning and design services include:
- Revitalization Planning
- Corridor Studies
- Site Feasibility Studies
- Visual Impact Studies
- Design and Development Guidelines
- Master Planning
- Alternatives Analysis
- Environmental Assessments
- Community Participation Programs
- Adaptive Use Strategies
- And Facility Design and Construction
To view our Urban Planning and Design project portfolio please visit our Urban Planning and Design Projects page.
Urban Planning and Design
Our Architectural Design practice group understands the complexity of designing, constructing and managing local agency design and construction projects. Whether it's a small improvement project, a large renovation to an existing facility, or the design of a new facility, we assist our clients in making their visions a reality.
Over the past 32 years, our comprehensive experience in Urban Design, housing, transportation and historic preservation has allowed us to reach the level of expertise needed to support our focus of helping to make livable communities.
Since the beginning, Jones Payne has played an active role in planning and design in the Boston region. Principals have been involved in a variety of local ground-breaking projects, including public transit undertakings, major affordable housing initiatives, downtown and neighborhood commercial district revitalization efforts, historic preservation and community-based noise mitigation programs.
We have worked with a range of clients in developing and delivering programs based on vision, design skills and implementation strategies in support of a commitment to serving the broader public. Some of our local agency experience includes:
Commonwealth of Massachusetts:
- Executive Office of Communities and Development – various downtown urban design studies in Natick, North Andover, Chelsea, and Lenox.
- Massachusetts Department of Public Works – various projects including environmental assessments, design and construction for the Medford Square Transit Mall, the Lowell Transportation Planning Study, Lowell’s Downtown Corridor, and a Study of Fringe Parking for the Boston Region
- Massachusetts Environmental Protection Agency – various environmental scoping and review projects in Lenox, Nantucket, and Boston.
- Department of Environmental Management –Planning and design for the Commonwealth’s Heritage State Parks Program in Lowell, Lawrence, Lynn and Holyoke.
- Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA) – urban design, community liaison and facilities design for the MBTA on the Red Line Extension, Broadway and Andrew Station Modernization, and the Blue Line Noise Mitigation Program.
- Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport) – various planning and design assignments, including the Logan Growth and Impact Control (LOGIC) Study, North Area Development Plan, North Service Area E.I.R., Bird Island Flats Developer’s Kit and others.
- Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) – various local housing authority projects involving funding, design review and document formatting to DHCD standards and guidelines.
City of Boston:
- Boston Neighborhood Development & Employment Agency – urban design and architectural consultant for the Neighborhood Commercial Districts, including Façade Guidelines and individual storefronts for business owners in Dudley Square, South Boston, Hyde Square, Blue Hill Avenue, Grove Hall and Roslindale Square.
- Dorchester Avenue Revitalization Team – urban design and master landscape plans for the entire length of Dorchester Avenue, Boston’s “Main Street”.
- West Roxbury Business and Professional Association – creation of master streetscape plan for Centre Street in West Roxbury for the Brown Fund.
- Boston Inspectional Services – project review and approvals for various housing projects, including Boston Housing Partnership, Burton Court Apartments, and various modernization projects for Massport.
- Boston Housing Partnership – early affordable housing initiative built on a creative public / private partnership. Worked with non-profit housing sponsor in Allston (Allston-Brighton Community Development Corporation), and in Codman Square (Housing and Development Corporation).
- Boston Redevelopment Authority – numerous project reviews by the BSA’s Urban Design Focus Teams, including high rise developments for Parcel 7, Stuart Street, and One Lincoln.
- Boston Civic Design Commission – involved in BSA committee that created legislative initiative for the BCDC. At tended numerous meetings on behalf of BSA’s Urban Design Committee.
- Prudential Planning Advisory Committee – involved in the preparation of urban design guidelines and review of planning and development proposals for the expansion of office, retail and housing at the Prudential Complex.
Land Acquisition and Homeowner Relocation Services
The Jones Payne Group also provides both property management and information systems management support services to assist agencies with their voluntary land acquisition and homeowner relocation programs. Our property management services include contracting, managing, coordinating and supervising the following pre-demolition and demolition activities
- Phase 1 Environmental Audits
- Property Boarding
- Utility Disconnections
- Asbestos Testing and Abatement
- Oil Tank Removal
- Refrigerant Recovery
- Demolition Permitting
- Demolition and Excavation
- Site Grading and Landscaping
- Product Salvaging
- Property Maintenance
Our Information Management and Geospatial Services group has developed custom Land Acquisition Management System that is used by our clients for managing their land acquisition programs. Our land acquisition software solution reaches beyond normal project workflow tracking and simple event tracking systems to encompass a system that handles all aspects of land acquisition. Relocation agents easily populate the system by performing their usual work of filling in the necessary forms online. Behind the scenes, our Land Acquisition system inventories Relocation Housing Payments, Comparable Property evaluations, Offer Packages and other relevant information.
For more information about our services or software, please visit our Land Acquisition Services Page.
Information Management and Geospatial Services
Our Information Management and Geospatial Services (IMgS) practice group has very strong qualifications in providing GIS, database management and internet application development services to local government agencies. IMgS specialists have project experience in many aspects of agency operations and have worked with city, county, state and special districts to plan and implement technology projects. Our practice group has performed database, GIS and application development or integration for local agency functions such as:
- Code Enforcement
- Land acquisition management
- As-built document management
- Historic resources management
- Property management
- Land use planning
- Enterprise GIS Systems
- Permitting systems
- Customer Relationship Management Systems
- Work Order Management Systems
To view our Information Management and Geospatial Services project portfolio please visit our Projects page.